Edible Cookie Dough. Do I need to say more?
This recipe is simple, scrumptious, and can be updated in a hundred different ways according to your taste!
We plan on creating more delicious edible cookie dough recipes for you in the future, but we thought we’d start with the most basic: Chocolate Chip.
It’s classic, it’s simple, and nearly always a crowd-pleaser, and can be adapted to any time of year and any kind of occasion.
- You can roll it into bite sized balls, freeze them, and pop ’em anytime you’ve got a sweet tooth (always for me!)
- Use it as a filling in a cupcake or add an additional layer to your mom’s 7-layer chewy bar
- OR (my favorite way) plop it in a bowl, add some ganache (or fudge sauce if you don’t want to make anything else), use some honey graham crackers as a spoon and dig in!
Now, many of you may be wondering how on earth this could taste good without the eggs? Trust me, it just works. They key to this recipe is making sure that your flour is cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, to make sure any bacteria/contaminants get killed off. You’ll need an instant read thermometer to check the temperature. You can find one easy at Target or Amazon!
What you will need:
- Light Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Iodized Salt
- Heavy Whipping Cream (You can substitute any kind of milk if you don’t have any whipping cream on hand- the cream just lends a smoother, fluffier texture)
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup Flour
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat your flour in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your salt, vanilla and heavy whipping cream and beat to combine.
- Add in your flour in 3 additions, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Once the flour is fully incorporated, add in your chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll into balls and freeze, or serve immediately in a bowl with some honey graham crackers! Or just straight up eat it with a spoon. You do you!