We. Love. Deviled. Eggs.
This is a delicious alternative to your run-of-the-mill deviled-eggs and we don’t mean to toot our own horn (JK, yes we do!) but these are sure to please the crowd at any gathering!
I think deviled eggs are often forgot about… but I know when you walk into a gathering and you see that gorgeous spread of paprika-sprinkled, egg-y goodness, it’s like greeting an old friend you haven’t seen in awhile but never realized you missed so much… it’s sure to be a fabulous time for you AND your stomach!
Spencer’s grandmother almost ALWAYS has a container full of her deviled eggs for us to take home each time we go visit his family. Christmas? Deviled eggs. Birthday party? Deviled eggs. Family Get-Together? Deviled eggs… and I LOVE IT! I always go for the eggs that have the MOST paprika on it because that is my absolute FAVORITE smoky spice. Both Spencer and I usually eat 3 or 4 before lunch, and probably add another two or three to our plates…. His family lives 2 hours out of town, so each time we come back from a visit you can imagine the car ride home. Thank goodness for car air fresheners!
Since we couldn’t possibly compete with Grandma’s deviled eggs, we decided to add a tasty twist and make our own version! I came up with the idea for the Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs out of the blue this past Easter….. that’s a lie, I was actually just looking for an excuse to use my Everything Bagel Seasoning I had recently acquired from Aldi! I kept seeing this seasoning online and had been on the hunt for it for quite a few weeks, so once I finally scored a bottle of it, I was just ITCHING to use it…. it ended up sitting in my cupboard for about a month before I remembered to finally try it out. It happened to be Easter and we happened to be making deviled eggs when I remembered so ‘voila!’…. Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs were born!
What you will need:
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs
- Pressure Cooker OR Saucepan
- 10 Eggs Hard-Boiled
- .5 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
- .5 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Hard Boil your eggs. To do it with a pressure cooker, follow our instructions here: Otherwise use this method:
- Peel then cut your hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise and separate your yolks from your whites and place in a bowl
- To the egg yolks, add your mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Everything Bagel Seasoning. Use a fork to smash your yolk mixture all together until you get a thick filling.
- Place filling in a piping bag, cut the tip off, and evenly disperse among your hard-boiled egg whites.
- Sprinkle with Paprika and promptly eat TWO eggs... Enjoy!
- If you prefer a filling that is a little less thick, try adding some more mayo and mustard to thin it out
- If you follow the recipe as is, the filling is thick enough that you shouldn't use any fancy piping tips- the everything bagel seasoning won't push through an intricate tip easily!
- If you do not have a piping bag, any sort of plastic zippie bag will do. If you don't have those either, you probably shouldn't have ventured to this recipe... JK! You can just spoon your filling straight into the egg whites.