Creamy, Crunchy, and only Slightly Spicy, these Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls are absolutely scrumptious!
Spencer and I have A LOT of Egg Roll recipes coming your way, but this one is an absolute STAPLE for us, especially if we happen to be entertaining company! Why? Because it only has 4 ingredients, tastes like you put a TON of effort into it, and will be the absolute talk-of-the-town (or kitchen) among your guests.
We know, we know, not ANOTHER jalapeno-popper recipe (seems like there are a ton out there… jalapeno popper muffins, bites, chicken, etc….) but we ask you to PLEASE stay with us here and try out this recipe- it’s going to be so yummy, you’ll forget that it’s a bit “fad-y.”
Why our recipe?
Italian Sausage. That’s why.
We know that most recipes you’ve tried likely pair “jalapeno popper” with bacon, but Italian Sausage brings a delicious sweet-spice that, combined with cream cheese and jalapenos, creates the most amazing creamy, unctuous, and perfect bite of food that will have you grabbing for a second (or third) egg roll so you can spoil your dinner and NOT regret it!
What you will need:
- Cream Cheese
- Mild Italian Sausage (find the reddest that you can… the redder the better! More spice is always nice!)
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Canola Oil
- Candy Thermometer
- Pastry/Piping Bag
Jalapeno Egg Roll Wrappers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 1.5 oz Diced Jalapenos
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Canola Oil For frying
- Water For sealing egg roll seam
- Lay your cream cheese out at room temperature until soft enough to easily mix, then add to a medium bowl.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat add your sausage and cook all the way through, making sure to break up your sausage into small pieces. Smaller pieces will pipe easier onto your wrappers.
- Dice your jalapenos and add to the cream cheese. Add in your sausage and mix thoroughly, making sure to get all the grease from your skillet added to the cream cheese.
- Let the filling come down to room temperature, then follow our tutorial on how to wrap and fry egg rolls below.
- Please reference our Egg Roll Wrapping and Frying post to get consistent and delicious egg rolls every time! Reference this link abakerandherchef.com/egg-roll-wrapping-and-frying-tutorial,
- OR search "Egg Roll Wrapping and Frying Tutorial" on our site... you can't miss it!